Sometimes, being a mom kinda…. SUCKS! Between the “Mom, Mom, Mom, MOM!!!” “What?” “MOM!!!!!!” “WHAAAAT!!!” “I’m still hungry.” “You JUST ate!” “BUT I”M HUNGRY!” “Go play.” “I’m bored.” “Then clean your room.” “UGH! never mind.” Ahhh that lovely sound of stomping feet.
“Mom.” “Yeah?” “MOM” “YEAH???” “MOM!!!” “WHAT!!!!” That snicker comes out, “I love you?” Your sarcastic face palm follows, “….REALLY?”
Here are the eleven universal struggles every mother secretly share’s:
- Apparently going to the bathroom is the queue for your kids to FOLLOW YOU and harass you on the toilet. I swear it’s the only time they want to talk to you. NO! Business doesn’t finish smoothly this way.
- Oh how nice! You’ve finally bought that snack you were craving at the store? Wow you finally remembered to think about yourself. YOU GET HOME AND FIND THE KIDS HAVE ALREADY RAIDED IT.
- Trying to watch a movie on movie night? “SHHHH!!!” Gets pretty tiring after a while.
- Nice! you’ve just bumped into an old friend interested in a quick catch up in the grocery store. 🙂 Trust me! They will make themselves part of that conversation.
- Got a phone call? Your house could be calm as fawk, but the minute mom picks up the phone, all hell breaks loose.
- Listening? What’s that? Oh right it’s that thing kids choose to NOT do because they still want to do what they want to do.
- No matter how well behaved your kids are, when you go out into public they WILL act up. I mean come on, what kid wants their parent to look like they have it all together.
- Your husband will always be your biggest kid. Umm… Embrace it. Stay young? 😀
- Alert: You like buying paints for your kiddo, or crayons for them to color? Your going to stain your favorite outfit after washing their clothes. CHECK THEIR POCKETS!
- It’s quiet? NO!!! MAYDAY MAYDAY! This is the worst of their des mabres (Making Malice)
- Who needs college frat parties when you have kids? You wake up every morning dead tired, like your hungover, and you will get thrown up on, and you’ll enjoy sneeze showers, and last but not least, you will be wiped with snot hands.
At the end of the day, no matter how stressful that all may seem, 🙂 they will melt your heart over and over.
“Loving someone means loving them for all their god given glory.”